About Stick and Puck
Stick and puck sessions provide an opportunity to practise your ice hockey skills such as skating, shooting, passing and stick handling etc.
Each session costs £8 for all ages, Minimum age 7 years old; who must be accompanied by a full paying adult.
Maximum of 15 players. First come first serve basis so booking online is strongly advised. No refunds for no shows or cancellations.
COVID-19 Updated information to also be followed:
- Session capacity has been reduced by half, now only allowing 15 players on the ice at one time.
- This is individual training and by following the national guidelines you may only train alone or with members of your own household. This means you are not allowed to train and chat to people you may know on the ice unless you live with them
- There will now be a marshal on the ice at all times during these sessions to ensure the rules are being followed – please be careful not to aim pucks at them (they will be wearing a high-viz)
- Please keep 2m apart from other players at all times, for reference please keep at least your hockey stick length away from other players
- There are no changing facilities in the area to use. For those using the minimum equipment such as helmet, gloves, skates and stick this can all be put on in the skate hire section, if coming in full kit please have pads on before you entre the building.
- Once the session is done please do not linger in the skate hire and leave as soon as you can and do not chat to other people.
- Please clean up after yourselves; we want to keep our staff safe so please dispose of any tape, tissue and bottles/rubbish in the bins provided before you leave.
- Those that live in a tier 3 area are not permitted to travel to the rink to train
- Helmet with minimum half face shield.
- Bring your own pucks
Rules & Etiquette
- Helmets must be worn at all times with the strap done up.
- You must bring your own equipment for this session.
- No food or drinks are allowed by the ice or on the players’ benches other than water.
- No scrimmaging will be allowed at any time. (Practice games)
- Be aware of your surroundings especially when shooting or skating near goals
- No team practices, group lessons or private coaching.
- Be respectful to all participants and staff.
- Do not take other people’s pucks.
- Share the ice and the goals.
- If you hear the whistle please stop what you’re doing immediately.
Sundays – 17:00-18:00 / 18:30-19:30
Times may vary on a weekly basis